Find out the best cement, know more!
Cement is the root of any construction. House construction is a big commitment in terms of money and efforts. Anyone committing to constructing their own house always has a plethora of questions, what cement to use is a consistent one. Cement is classified into a grading system. These grades are appointed on the compression strength of concrete, which is the ability to hold the load without falling apart. The strength of any cement is measured in megapascals and can be accurately determined after 28 days of setting. Different grades of cement are used for different infrastructure developments, the following are a few cement grades used extensively for house construction.
- Ordinary Portland cement (OPC), Grade:43 : It is an affordable grade and strengthens nicely in a 28 day time frame. Grade 43, as the name suggests attains the compression strength of 43 MPA(megapascals) eventually. It is a moderate quality cement, dispensing decent strength, satisfactory for residential construction. It is mostly used for wall plastering works, Non-RCC structures, pathways, etc, and adheres to IS 12269 standard code.
- Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC), Grade 53: Residential construction can be an elongated process, housing societies or residential complexes which are undertaken by construction groups need fast-paced construction. These houses are to be handed over in an appointed time to their investors. To attain faster results grade 53 is preferred, it’s MPA is achieved quickly. It attains 27 MPA in 7 days compared to 27 MPA by 43-grade cement. It is majorly used in RCC and prestressed concrete of higher grades, cement grouts, instant plugging mortars, etc, and adheres to IS 8112 standard code.
- Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC) : High-res buildings or structures, where n-number of people are living in close proximity, can have 15-25 floors at one time and are referred to as mass concreting structures. These structures need immense strength and security. PPC is an accurate choice for such constructions, it has higher degree fineness, impermeability, and corrosion resistance quality which densifies overtime making the structures more reliable. The initial setting time of PPC is low however it gains strength with time. It adheres to IS 1489 standard code.
- Portland Slag Cement (PSC): The world is divided over different regions with different climatic conditions, cement manufacturing is done considering these diverse needs. PSC is preferred in areas where structures are prone to sulfate and chloride attacks.It has a sturdy corrosion resistance from saltwater and is widely used in coastal regions or areas exposed to water treatment plants and sewage disposal. It adheres to IS 455:1989 standard code.
- White cement : It is a white color cement, unlike others that are grey. It’s mostly used as the last layer before the paint or for decorative designs. It is also used to fill gaps between wall tiles or bathroom fixtures, leaving a smooth and finished texture. The manufacturing process of white cement is more complicated and different from ordinary Portland cement. It adheres to standard code IS 419:1967.
These cement grades must sound complicated. Although, choosing the right cement grade is essential as the longevity of the structures greatly depends on the cement quality. If it’s residential construction, chances are you would need to visit different retailers to examine different cement grades, as it’s unlikely to find all grades under one roof. Every retailer has different grades, qualities, and even prices.Finding the right cement can become a tedious process. To avoid such hassles, you can always find the appropriate cement online. Not just cement information but cement procurement has now become an undemanding process. Websites like Tradologie.com are loaded with the right information, purchasing knowledge, and genuine suppliers. This all-in-one platform helps you to interact with suppliers directly and negotiate your deals, live. Portals 360-degree services are not just informative but cater to your procurement needs with just one click.