Rice is one of the main staple diets across the globe. The commodity is more dominant in the Asiatic regions. No wonder, Asian countries take the lead in their production and export. Some of the leading producers of rice are China, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Bangladesh and Vietnam. India holds the unique distinction of being the largest exporter of rice to the world. Both Basmati and non-Basmati rice are exported in massive quantity to the international market. Basmati rice is in great demand in MENA (middle-east and North Africa) countries. Iran, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait are some of the largest importers of Basmati rice. As a matter of fact, Iran alone accounts for 40% of Basmati rice exports from India. In recent years, besides Basmati, non-basmati rice has also picked up the demand in the international market. Sugandha Basmati rice has become very popular over traditional basmati rice. Sugandha basmati rice exporters have been making the most of the growing demand to expand their global footprint.
The rice is grown primarily in the fertile plains of Northern India. Some areas in Nepal also cultivate the fragrant rice. The aroma, fragrance and delicious taste of the rice have sustained its demand for many years now. It is long-grain, low-cost Basmati rice. Primarily, it is grown in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana. At the plain sight, the rice looks no different from Traditional Basmati rice. However a closer observation will spread its mesmerizing fragrance. Sugandha basmati rice has a great effect on health. Some of the benefits of Sugandha basmati rice have been listed below:
- Rich in Fiber: Sugandha basmati rice has very high fiber content. Besides, it is also low on the glycemic index. Research has conclusively proven that a high intake of dietary fiber can help in reducing the risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes. A good intake of fiber also helps in solving issues related to constipation. Sugandha rice contains soluble fiber that means it removes the bulk along the digestive tract.
- Lower Diabetes: The majority of the rice varieties are high on the level of the glycemic index. Sugandha basmati rice has a much lower level with a range falling between 50 and 58. Persons suffering from diabetes can add a small portion of this rice for a healthy and balanced diet.
- Health heart: Consumption of whole-grain rice like Sugandha basmati rice is known to result in a healthy heart. The whole grain helps in reducing blood cholesterol levels. It also helps in the reduction of blood pressure a major factor for causing heart diseases.
- Reduced cancer risk: A large amount of fiber present in the Sugandha basmati rice helps in reducing the risk for the development of certain types of cancers particularly colorectal cancer. As per a study eating as much as 3 ounces a day can lower the risk of developing colorectal cancer by 17%.
- Better Brain health: There is a high presence of Vitamin B1 in Sugandha basmati rice. The rice has almost 22% of Vitamin B1 recommended for daily intake. Vitamin B1 is essential for brain health and its deficiency can be the cause for developing a condition called Wernicke encephalopathy.
Some of the general features of Sugandha basmati rice are as follows:
a. The average grain length of the rice is 7.9 mm.
b. Natural aroma, sweet taste and easy to cook.
c. Moisture presence is less than 14%.
d. The broken percentage is less than 1%.
e. Damage and discoloring is also less than 0.5% max.
f. There is no element of paddy and foreign material in the rice.
g. Upon cooking, the rice gets perfectly elongated making it the preferred choice for so many cuisines across the world.
High demand for Sugandha Basmati rice across the globe has opened up new avenues for new exporters. New exporters may get confused with the long process and paperwork involved in exports. On the other hand, bulk buyers looking to buy Sugandha basmati rice from mills face the challenge of middlemen and intermediaries. The good news is that the advent of technology has made it possible to connect new customers globally irrespective of location and geography. Traditional B2B platforms lack the credibility of sellers and buyers. Identifying the service gap, TRADOLOGIE developed a path defining trade enabling platform. It’s a next-generation, B2B, trade enabler platform for bulk procurement. The main USP of the platform is connecting buyers and sellers directly. Sellers and buyers get the best value out of a transaction. The innovative concept of reverse innovation allows buyers to receive the best price from the participant sellers. Direct contact between sellers and buyers cut out middlemen and intermediaries present in a traditional business set up. Buyers can save upto20% on bulk deals through the TRADOLOGIE platform.
For more information about importing/exporting Sugandha basmati rice, visit our web-portal: