Basmati Rice is the world-famous longest rice grain, cultivated only in India and Pakistan. The rice is a famous world-over, especially for biryani. Basmati requires a lot of water while cultivation, making the cultivation slower and quality procurement hard. Below listed are the top ten Basmati Rice brands in India:
Over the ages, Basmati Rice has graced many happy occasions with Biryani. Among more than a thousand types of aromatic rice, Basmati is one of the premium rice in the world. They are also known as “white pearls” in India. The rice is widely popular for Biryani lovers in the market.
Your diet directly impacts your well-being in the long-term. If you focus on eating junk and don’t alter your eating habits with time, that will decline your health inevitably. Rice is a healthy source of carbohydrates but different rice subcategories have different benefits. One such rice category is 1121 basmati rice, it has great health advantages. Read through, for few of many benefits of 1121 basmati rice.
Certificate of Inspection by the European Union
- In the last year November’2019, India exported approximately 3 lakh tons of Basmati Rice to European Countries. After such a bulk export, the country imposed a rule that from now onwards export of rice (Basmati Rice and Non Basmati Rice) to European Union countries required Certificate of Inspection. The rule was that the certificate would be issued from a Government agency to ship rice varieties to countries of the European Union.
- According to the European Commission, the Maximum Residue Limit (MRL) level for fungicide is 0.01 mg per kg from 0.03mg earlier.
Indian Rice Exports have been Hit Hard by Growing Tension
Basmati Rice is exclusively distinctive among all other rice varieties found in India. The elongation nature of rice has great market value around the world.
India and Pakistan are the major growers and exporters of the rice. The major varieties are demanded from the European Market are 1121 Basmati Rice, Golden Sella Basmati Rice, Pusa Basmati Rice, 1401 Basmati Rice, and 1509 Basmati Rice, etc.
Current Situation of Basmati Rice Trading Market
The rising hostilities between Iran and the USA dampen the Basmati Rice Trading in Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, and Yemen.
In the current financial year, the rising tension between Iran and the USA slows down the export growth of rice in the global market. During the financial year 2018 to 2019, Basmati exports growth worth 32,806 Crores. But it seems to be difficult to reach the figure of the current fiscal year because of the halted rice import from Iran.
The global availability of Basmati Rice has increased to 67.10 million tons in the financial year 2019 to 2020.
At present, the rising tension between Iran and the USA would hit the export value of the premium quality of rice. Instead of that, in the current fiscal month of January 2020, Basmati Paddy Prices are again recovered by 2 percent. The price of Basmati has increased in the global market too in the current harvesting season, according to the Indian Commodity exchange.
The Demand of Basmati Rice Market
- The business of agricultural commodities like Basmati Rice is unquestionably dominated by the import/export of rice businesses in India, which over the years and around the globe has been expanding in the last few decades.
- As India is the world’s largest producer of high-quality basmati and non-basmati rice, therefore, a large volume of rice has been exported to the world every year. A good chunk of the particular Rice Exporters in India have a great share in the world market.
- With the increasing demand for the rice globally due to its elongation and aroma, the export volumes are also increasing from India day by day. This factor is enhancing the production capacity of rice in India which will turn increasing a large share rice export market worldwide.
Major Key Players in the Indian Market
Basmati Rice Market can be divided into two segments. One is Indian Rice Market and the other one is the Pakistani Basmati Rice market. The major manufacturers of the rice in the world market are India, Pakistan, and Kenya. The major key players of the rice in the world market are: