Introduction to Jasmine Rice
Termed as the Queen Of Premium Aromatic Rice varieties, Jasmine Rice is solely cultivated in the bountiful regions of Thailand and Vietnam.
As Per the statistics, Thailand is one of the largest rice exporters in the world, constantly topping the list with its premier quality and exceptional taste.
Jasmine rice is also known as Thai Fragrant Rice or Hom Mali rice. It was originally grown in Thailand, where it is known as Khao Hom Mali. Hom Mali rice has been grown in the Thai subcontinent for millennia. It was first cultivated for the royalty of the Kingdom of Siam.
6 Properties of Jasmine Rice
- The bewildering array of rice is often classified based on their grain size (short, medium, or long), color (red, white, brown, and black), and flavor or aroma, such as basmati rice, jasmine rice, etc.
- As the name suggests, it holds a sweet-smelling jasmine flower-like aroma that is released post-cooking.
- Owing to its long grain, Jasmine Rice is the only variety that has been serving the global cuisines, whether ancient, modern, or contemporary, with the expressive texture, regal flavor, and aesthetic aroma.
- Jasmine Rice contains a mixed aroma of Pandan leaves that makes it extremely soothing to the senses, no wonder why it has been named after a flower.
- Not to miss, Jasmine rice has a rich and appetizing flavor that is capable of shattering even deep loyalties one may have for any other variety of rice.
- The glycemic content of jasmine rice varies from 68 to 80. Foods having a glycemic index of 70 or below are preferable in diabetic cuisines because they digest gently, preventing significant spikes in blood sugar.
Global Market of Jasmine Rice
- The major exporting countries are Thailand and Vietnam. Among these two, Thailand is the world’s top Jasmine rice production base that exports to other countries worldwide.
- A few varieties of this rice are also found in Cambodia and India.
- Out of its total export volume, Thailand exports about 60% of this rice to countries in Asia, about 20% to USA, and the rest to Africa, Europe, and Oceania. It generates revenue of more than 20 billion Thai baht annually. And thus, Thailand becomes one of the Top 10 Rice Exporting Countries in the world.
- In 2017, Hom Mali or Jasmine rice was recognized as the world’s best rice at the eighth World Rice Conference (Bangkok post, 2017).
- Every year, its production reaches approximately 3,000,000 tons which are 10% of all-kind-of-rices in Thailand.
- 25% of the produced rice is sent out as exported economic commodity and 75% is kept and stored for consumption in the country.
- United States, China, Hong Kong, Canada, and Singapore are the largest Jasmine rice importing countries worldwide.
Source – aseanthai.net
Tradologie.com brings you the most convenient route to bulk procurement of Rice directly from the leading rice exporters and producers enrolled with us.
Tradologie.com is the world’s 1st Next-Generation B2B inquiry to delivery trade enabling a platform facilitating trade of Agri-commodities, raw industrial, and construction material, across the globe.
Over the past four years of operation, Tradologie.com has been able to develop a network of over 3,25,000 verified buyers across 65 countries who have successfully transacted trade over 40 billion through tradologie.com with more than 35000 verified manufacturers and exporters working out of 35 countries.
Tradologie.com works by standardizing buyer requirements and arranging live negotiations with verified sellers capable of supplying the buyer on the platform on standardized trade policies which allow for the trade without a phone call or email through the safe conduit provided by Tradologie.com.