Sugar is a kind of carbohydrate that the body uses to produce glucose. They are a source of energy for us.
It can be found naturally in some foodstuffs, such as fruits and dairy products, and is also added to a wide range of foods. However, the most common crop used for extracting Sugar used in our daily lives is Sugarcane. It contributes 80% of the World’s Sugar Production.
It comes in a variety of forms, including white, raw, or brown sugar, honey, or corn syrup.
They are widely used in the processed food sector as they provide flavor, color, texture, and thickness to dishes.
They also function as a preservative and inhibit fungus from developing.
Sugar comes in different forms. The four most common are –
Sugar is also categorized in different grades such as –
- An ICUMSA rating is an international standard for defining the purity of sugar in solution, and it is directly allied to color.
- ICUMSA-45 is the most refined grade of sugar that holds a shining white color. It is safe for human consumption and can be used in a variety of delicacies.
- It is always in high demand because its refining process eliminates the bacteria and contaminants that are commonly found in raw forms.
Specifications of White Refined – ICUMSA 45
|Ash Content||0.04% Maximum by Weight|
|Moisture||0.04% Maximum by Weight|
|Magnetic Particles||mg/kg 4|
|Solubility||100% DRY & Free Flowing|
- S-30 is crystal clear and is regarded to be sweeter and healthier than other sugar grades.
- It has the finest granules and an excellent sparkling white color, making it recognized for its superior quality.
- S-30 is used to make a variety of desserts, beverages, and sweet dishes.
Specifications of S-30
|Crystal Size||S30 = 0.8 to 1.2 mm|
|Ash content||0.5% Maximum|
|Moisture||0.5% to 0.7% Maximum|
|Solubility||100% Free Flowing|
- It is made by either immediately boiling a brown sugar syrup or by combining white sugar with varying quantities of molasses.
- It is unprocessed cane sugar that has not had the molasses removed.
- They tend to accumulate because they have more moisture than other forms that allow baked products to retain moisture while remaining chewy.
ICUMSA 600-1200 Specifications–
|Ash Content||0.15% Max.|
|Polarization||97, 8° a 99, 2°|
|Solubility||95% Free Flow|
|Granulation||6mm regular square (medium size)|
Tradologie.com brings you the most convenient route to bulk procurement of sugar, directly from the sugar exporters and producers.
Tradologie.com is the world’s 1st Next-Generation B2B inquiry to delivery trade enabling a platform facilitating trade of Agri-commodities and Branded food products across the globe.
Over the past four years of operation, Tradologie.com has been able to develop a network of over 3,25,000 verified buyers across 65 countries who have successfully transacted trade over USD 40 billion through tradologie.com with more than 35000 verified manufacturers and exporters working out of 35 countries.
Tradologie.com works by standardizing buyer requirements and arranging live negotiations with verified sellers capable of supplying the buyer on the platform on standardized trade policies which allow for the trade without a phone call or an email through the safe conduit provided by Tradologie.com.