The sixth edition of the International Spice Conference will focus on the challenges the spice industry is currently experiencing since the Covid-19 outbreak started. The conference is one of the most critical events in the Spice Industry to be held from January 19th to the 22nd of the month at the ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, and is hosted by the All-India Spice Exporters Forum (AISEF) (the premier organization representing spice exporters from India) and the Cochin Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
The four-day conference will be attended by more than a thousand delegates from different states, business leaders from fifty different countries, representatives from the International Spice Associations, policymakers, farmers, processors, and traders, as well as testing and regulatory authorities, experts from the food, spices, and herbs industry, ingredients manufacturing, fragrances, and flavors industry, representatives of associations of food and allied services, and relevant government officials.
Mr. M. M. Murugappan, Chairman of Carborundum Universal Limited, will give the keynote address at the opening function on Thursday night (19th January 23). The All India Spices Exporters Forum chairman, Mr. Sanjeev Bisht, will chair the event. Mr. Anand Venkitraman, Vice-President, Cochin Chamber of Commerce and Industry Speaking during the opening session will be Mr. Cherian Xavier, Chairman of the International Spice Conference 2023, and Mr. Emmanuel Nambusseril, Vice Chairman of AISEF.
Purpose of the Conference
The spice industry faced multiple problems in the post covid era, which include a tight economy, limited crop supply, etc., and thus the conference is being held to address these problems.
Mr. Emmanuel Nambusseril, Vice-Chairman of AISEF, said that the sessions are planned with a special focus on long-term and fair solutions for the development of value-added applications and retaining the quality and affordability of spice production. He also said that the international conference would be held on the theme ‘Reboot N’ Rebound- Beyond the New Normal’ to provide delegates with the vision and novel solutions to bring back the business stronger than before.
Events at the Conference
During the 4 days, multi-track sessions and panel discussions would be held covering current issues and topics.
- These include the impact of COVID on global trade and food security, predicting consumer behavior in an unpredictable world, embracing technology and transformation, product innovations, and innovation in agricultural practices – start-up-led digital disruptions, Emerging trends and challenges in food safety regulations, including those related to the Indian and global perspectives, sustainability, biodiversity, and climate change, crops, markets, and open house discussions on various spices.
- Experts will also present crop reports on dehydrates, black pepper, cumin, turmeric, ginger, and chiles.
- Practical strategies, technology innovations that foster sustainable farming, improving the livelihood of spice farmers, concerns over food safety, and demand-supply issues would also be discussed at the conference.
- YES BANK Knowledge Report on “Spices of India: Strides towards Market Driven Imperatives.” will also be released by the AISE
- A physical exhibition where exhibitors from across the world will showcase their products and services covering all facets of the spice industry in more than 50 booths will also be held.
If you are an importer wishing to buy bulk quantities of spices or are an exporter willing to export spices, then Tradologie.com is the right platform for you. Tradologie has over 600,000 buyers and 70,000+ exporters of food and agro-commodities from over 100 countries in its network and through the platform, you can conduct bulk agro-trade with ease.
To stay updated with the recent happenings of the agro-trade industry, follow Tradologie.com across all social media channels.