Your diet directly impacts your well-being in the long-term. If you focus on eating junk and don’t alter your eating habits with time, that will decline your health inevitably. Rice is a healthy source of carbohydrates but different rice subcategories have different benefits. One such rice category is 1121 basmati rice, it has great health advantages. Read through, for few of many benefits of 1121 basmati rice.
Commodities like rice are exported and imported in extremely high quantities with rice harvesting taking place in India in the month of June/July. After the harvesting, storage practices of rice grains are a very important step. If the storage needs are not attended carefully it can damage the complete produce. Rice sometimes is stored up to 1-2 years before the next time it is restocked.
Certificate of Inspection by the European Union
- In the last year November’2019, India exported approximately 3 lakh tons of Basmati Rice to European Countries. After such a bulk export, the country imposed a rule that from now onwards export of rice (Basmati Rice and Non Basmati Rice) to European Union countries required Certificate of Inspection. The rule was that the certificate would be issued from a Government agency to ship rice varieties to countries of the European Union.
- According to the European Commission, the Maximum Residue Limit (MRL) level for fungicide is 0.01 mg per kg from 0.03mg earlier.
Indian Rice Exports have been Hit Hard by Growing Tension
Current Situation of Basmati Rice Trading Market
The rising hostilities between Iran and the USA dampen the Basmati Rice Trading in Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, and Yemen.
In the current financial year, the rising tension between Iran and the USA slows down the export growth of rice in the global market. During the financial year 2018 to 2019, Basmati exports growth worth 32,806 Crores. But it seems to be difficult to reach the figure of the current fiscal year because of the halted rice import from Iran.
The global availability of Basmati Rice has increased to 67.10 million tons in the financial year 2019 to 2020.
At present, the rising tension between Iran and the USA would hit the export value of the premium quality of rice. Instead of that, in the current fiscal month of January 2020, Basmati Paddy Prices are again recovered by 2 percent. The price of Basmati has increased in the global market too in the current harvesting season, according to the Indian Commodity exchange.
Rice Exporters Are Getting Affected in Ballari District of Karnataka
- The rising tension between Iran and the USA in the last one month has stopped the importing of Rice from the Ballari district of Karnataka.
- Kampli rice has a great demand from Iran. It is also exported to the Middle-East countries. The ongoing tension between the nations will affect the income of farmers because Iran is being a major consumer of the particular rice. Every year a large volume of the rice has been exported from India to Iran.
- In the month of October, after the post-harvest season, every year the rice is getting exported to Iran and Middle-East. But in the current fiscal year due to the indefinite ban on the import of rice, the prices of the rice will be down in the market. Rice Exporters are getting affected due to the falling price in the market.
Reasons for Low Price in the Export Market
- Due to suitable environmental conditions and good monsoon, the production of rice is huge in the district. But the prices of the rice are falling down due to a lack of international demand from the market.
- In the uncertain situation of the market, traders are not able to gain good payments from the importers. From December onwards this year farmers are not able to send rice products to Iran, traders are not still got their previous payments from importers of the rice.
- Last year during the same time, farmers had got a profitable price but this time the same quantity of rice is sold with less amount of price.
Future Prospects of Trading with Iran
Despite the good harvesting season, the falling prices have made farmers worry and they are waiting for the trade begins soon so that farmers who have stored the rice could be benefitted.
The Demand of Basmati Rice Market
- The business of agricultural commodities like Basmati Rice is unquestionably dominated by the import/export of rice businesses in India, which over the years and around the globe has been expanding in the last few decades.
- As India is the world’s largest producer of high-quality basmati and non-basmati rice, therefore, a large volume of rice has been exported to the world every year. A good chunk of the particular Rice Exporters in India have a great share in the world market.
- With the increasing demand for the rice globally due to its elongation and aroma, the export volumes are also increasing from India day by day. This factor is enhancing the production capacity of rice in India which will turn increasing a large share rice export market worldwide.
Major Key Players in the Indian Market
Basmati Rice Market can be divided into two segments. One is Indian Rice Market and the other one is the Pakistani Basmati Rice market. The major manufacturers of the rice in the world market are India, Pakistan, and Kenya. The major key players of the rice in the world market are: