The global sugar trade is around 64 million tons per year. Raw sugar accounts for around 60% of worldwide commerce volumes. Although more than 120 nations produce sugar, the top 5 Sugar Exporting Countries (Brazil, Thailand, India, Australia, and Guatemala) accounted for approximately 70% of global commerce in 2016-18.
Here Is The List Of The Top 5 Sugar Exporting Countries Worldwide During 2020-21
Volume in Million Metric Tons
Note- Data sourced from credible sources and figures are approximations only.
- Brazil is the world’s largest producer and supplier of Sugar.
- It has a stronghold on international markets, accounting for about half of all global exports.
- It exported around 32.15 Million Metric Tons of Sugar in 2020-21.
- Brazil mainly exports raw sugar and a Brazilian innovation known as ‘VHP raw sugar’. It is the world’s most popular raw sugar.
- The raw VHPs account for around 65 percent of CS Brazil’s sugar output, with the remaining consisting of a combination of crystal and refined sugar, the majority of which is consumed domestically and the remainder exported.
- Sugar cane is one of Thailand’s most important crops. It ranks fifth in terms of sugar output.
- Thailand is the world’s second-largest sugar exporter, trailing only Brazil.
- It exported 7.3 million metric tons (MMT) of the 8.27 million metric tons (MMT) of raw and white sugar is produced.
- The north-eastern and central areas of the country produce around 70% of the nation’s (mainly raw) sugar.
- Being the second-largest Sugar producing nation, India exported 6MMT Sugar in 2020-21.
- India presently generates about 30 million tons per year.
- The Indian Sugar industry is so massive because of the higher consumption and output.
- More than 50 million Indian farmers and millions of more workers are involved in sugarcane harvesting.
- The major producing states are Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Karnataka, with around 500 mills operational in each.
- Australia is Oceania’s leading producer and exporter of raw sugar, producing 4.18 MMT of sugarcane in 2019/20.
- The country exported 3.34 MMT of Sugar during 2020-21.
- Australia has a domestic market of 1 MMT raw sugar annually; it has to export 80% of its production the majority of which goes to Japan, Indonesia, and South Korea.
- In Australia, 95 percent of sugarcane being cultivated in Queensland, a seasonally varied state with numerous cane fields along the coast.
- Guatemala’s major agricultural export commodity is sugar (70 percent of the production is exported) every year. Guatemala produces more than 2.8 million MT of sugar every year.
- Guatemala has exported 1.73 MMT of Sugar during 2020-21.
- According to the International Sugar Organization, Guatemala has exported more than 14 million metric tons of sugar worldwide in the past five years, making it the third-largest sugar exporter in Latin America and the fifth-largest in the world during 2020-21.
Sugar importers looking for the best prices on sugar can visit Tradologie.com. It offers you the easiest path to bulk Sugar procurement straight from the leading Sugar exporters and producers who have enlisted with us.
Tradologie.com is the world’s 1st Next-Generation B2B inquiry to delivery trade enabling a platform facilitating the trade of Agri-commodities and Branded Food Products across the globe.
Over the past four years of operation, Tradologie.com has been able to develop a network of over 3,25,000 verified buyers across 65 countries who have successfully transacted trade over USD 40 billion through tradologie.com with more than 35000 verified manufacturers and exporters working out of 35 countries.
Tradologie.com works by standardizing buyer requirements and arranging live negotiations with verified sellers capable of supplying the buyer on the platform on standardized trade policies which allow for the trade without a phone call or an email through the safe conduit provided by Tradologie.com.