The very first civilizations that included Bulk cement for construction were the Assyrians and Babylonians. Earlier, stones have been invariably used as a construction material with lime as the binder. Archaeological findings suggest that Egyptians used gypsum and lime as a constructional material in the world-famous pyramids. Isaac C. Johnson in 1845 was the first to find cement by burning limestone and clay together at a very high temperature and forming a clinker. This cement was later used as a prototype for the modern Portland cement, which is one of the branded cement in recent times.
After its invention, a gradual improvement in the quality of Bulk cement was achieved by researchers in the U.S.A., U.K., France, and Germany.
Cement is an adhesive material, capable of bonding particles of solid matter into a compact sturdy and durable mass. Cement has various types, one such classification is hydraulic and non-hydraulic.
- Non-Hydraulic Cement: It does not harden in water as non-hydraulic lime or material like Plaster of Paris is unstable to set in water.
- Hydraulic Cement: It does set and harden in water easily, hydraulic cement gives surface stability and sturdiness it requires. This cement is only required for big constructions and is the kind of cement bought directly from the manufacturer, as to attain it at cheaper rates. E.g. Portland cement.
Bulk Cement can be assembled either from natural stones or artificially, with the help of calcareous and argillaceous materials. Some of the natural cement are Roman cement, Pozzolana cement, and Medina cement. Portland cement and other special cement classify as artificial cement.
Today, constructions are impossible without cement and are extensively used in all types of property developments, below are stated few examples, where Bulk cement is used:
- Establishments where high strength is required e.g. bridge piers.
- Lighthouses and lofty towers
- Large structures such as bridges, silos, chimneys, commercial buildings, or residential properties.
- Establishments exposed to the action of water, e.g. reservoirs, dams, dockyards, etc.
Cement is not solely used to lay down the base of a structure, it is used for varied purposes, some are listed below:
- The cement slurry is used for filling cracks and unwanted holes in concrete structures.
- Cement is used for R.C.C., it is responsible for the core structure of the house.
- Cement mortar is used for masonry work, plastering, painting, flooring, etc.
- Cement is also used for manufacturing cement pipes, garden seats, dust bins, flower pots, etc.
- Cement is useful for the construction of roads, footpaths.
- Cement is used concrete for laying floors, roofs, and constructing lintels, beams, stairs, pillars, columns, etc.
- Cement is required to protect exposed surfaces of establishments against the destructive agents of the weather and damaging chemicals.
- Cement is used for piles, fencing posts, electric poles.
- Cement is used in the preparation of foundations, watertight floors, footpaths, courts for various sports, etc.
Cement is an inevitable product in today’s construction world, however, sourcing Bulk cement from verified sources has become a tedious job. Cement requirement is so high that suppliers, to meet the demands have started practicing adultery, just to meet the demands.
To buy non-branded or branded cement, underneath we have a suggestive way for cement buyers to source cement cautiously, read through.
How to buy cement directly from the manufacturer?
There are ways to buy cement from the source but that is only possible with internal industry contacts or if your construction site is in a comfortable radius of the cement manufacturing plant. Afore-mentioned all possibilities are rare and thin.
To buy cement directly from the manufacturer, we have found an innovative and unique way. Now you can buy cement online, hasslefree with Tradologie.com. It is the World’s first inquiry-to-delivery platform for Bulk cement. The ideology behind the establishment of this digital portal was to ease the problem areas in traditional trade. We bring both buyers and sellers online and help them negotiate a deal in real-time. This procedure helps suppliers to attain confirmed orders and assists buyers to find authentic suppliers with full-transparency. Only inspected and verified suppliers/buyers are enrolled on Tradologie.com. Constructing a structure is a laborious job, cement procurement shouldn’t be one. Visit us today for smooth trading: https://www.tradologie.com/lp/construction-material.html