Agri Commodities Sugar Exporters

Top 5 Sugar Producing Nations in the World

Top 5 Sugar Producing countries

Sugar is derived from two major crops: sugarcane and sugar beet, which are grown in various regions across the world. Sugar beet grows best in chilly, wetter climates. There are more than 120 Sugar Producing Nations around the globe.

Sugarcane, on the other hand, flourishes in warm, tropical climates and has dominated the sugar market for ages.

Sugars are water-soluble carbon compounds composed of the simplest category of carbohydrates that have a sweet taste in nature.

Sugarcane was the first cultivated sugar crop, having evolved from wild types in the East Indies, most likely New Guinea.

Sugar cane contributes to 80% of the world’s sugar produced in tropical and subtropical climates. Sugar beets produce the rest of 20% of sugar in the northern hemisphere.

More than 120 countries around the globe produce sugar.

Global sugar output was estimated at 166.18 million metric tons in the 2019–2020 crop years, with 182 million metric tons projected in 2020–2021.

Brazil, India, the EU, China, and Thailand were the top sugar-producing nations in 2019–2020. Among which Brazil solely produced 29.93 million metric tons of sugar in 2019–2020.

Here is the list of the top 5 Sugar Producing countries in the world –

Brazil:

  • The top place is held by the country that has traditionally been the world’s largest producer of sugarcane.
  • In 2019/20, the South American behemoth produced 29.61 MMT of Sugar.
  • Brazil’s Center-South (CS) area accounts for 90 percent of the country’s output.

India:

  • India stands at second place as the largest sugar-producing nation during 2019-20 with an output of 28.9 million metric tons of sugar.
  • This equates to around 17% of the world’s total sugar production of 166.18 million metric tons.

European Union (EU):

  • The European Union (EU) is the world’s third-largest producer of sugar. The EU produced 17.25 million metric tons of sugar in the 2019/2020 crop year.
  • It is, in fact, the world’s greatest producer of beet sugar, accounting for 20% of global sugar output.

China:

  • In 2019–2020, China produced 10.2 million metric tons of sugar.
  • Despite being one of the world’s top sugar producers, China is a major sugar importer.
  • Its sugar demand has increased substantially over the last few decades.
  • Historically, there has been a significant disparity between the Chinese government’s high local prices to assist farmers and declining worldwide sugar prices.

Thailand:

  • Sugar cane is one of the major crops of Thailand. It stands at 5th in terms of sugar production.
  • The country produced almost 8.25 million metric tons of sugar during the 2019/2020 crop year.
  • It is also one of the largest sugar exporters in the world.

Sugar importers seeking the best deals on sugar can visit Tradologie.com. It brings you the most convenient route to bulk procurement of Sugar directly from the leading Sugar exporters and producers enrolled with us.

Tradologie.com is the world’s 1st Next-Generation B2B inquiry to delivery trade enabling a platform facilitating the trade of Agri-commodities and Branded Food Products across the globe.

Over the past four years of operation, Tradologie.com has been able to develop a network of over 3,25,000 verified buyers across 65 countries who have successfully transacted trade over USD 40 billion through tradologie.com with more than 35000 verified manufacturers and exporters working out of 35 countries.

Tradologie.com works by standardizing buyer requirements and arranging live negotiations with verified sellers capable of supplying the buyer on the platform on standardized trade policies which allow for the trade without a phone call or an email through the safe conduit provided by Tradologie.com.

You may also like
Branded rice online procurement from suppliers
Branded Rice Online Procurement from Suppliers
Properties and Types
What’s In the Sugar You Eat? Properties and Types

Leave Your Comment

Your Comment*

Your Name*
Your Webpage

  1. Want To Buy Cement/TMT Bars/Rice/Plywood ?